Thursday, April 24, 2008

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I will be posting about my trip to start microbanks in rural Peru & what's happening with Acacia International.

Right now we are in the first stages of what I hope will be a global microfinance charity. We are now incorporated & are seeking 501(c)3 status from the IRS (tax exemption, for you non-CPAs).


I will be travelling to two villages, San Pedro de Casta & Arahuay, in the Andes this summer to open up our first microbanks. It will be quite an adventure, and I hope to have some funny stories for you.

I will also spend a lot of time in Lima fundraising so that I can continue helping the Peruvians after I've left.
About me: I am a 19 year old economics student at the University of Chicago. I have started Acacia International to provide economic opportunities to the international poor and hope to be a philanthropist when I graduate.

No comments: