Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Microbank Toolkit!

What is in my Microbank toolkit?
-Knowledge of microfinance (of course)
-Cash box
-Notebook and Pens
-Money
-Calculator
-Enthusiasm!

Yes, today I went shopping to buy the things I'll need to bring with me, and I've also arranged to wire the money here. Probably the most important thing, though, is enthusiasm for my project. If I didn't believe in it, the cold showers (if showers at all....), uncomfortable living quarters and inevitable parasites would be too much. But I think that I can make a real difference, and so I'm going to suck it up and have an adventurous summer.

Meeting with those women from Mujer y Sociedad yesterday really energized me. I could tell how much they really believe in it, and they told me that they have seen how it improves the lives of the women they help! And lucky for me, I get to see this first hand on Saturday and again on Tuesday, when I'll have the opportunity to watch a repayment meeting and talk with women who are applying for loans. I am incredibly excited!

Watch this space!

No comments: