Sunday, June 8, 2008

Suprises in Lima!

I've been suprised by a few things here, some good, some bad.

It is very safe and people are very friendly and accomodating about my lack of Spanish (although it's gotten a lot better in just 3 days with much practice!)--two welcome unexpected things.

A bad suprise, though, is the pollution. I've had a resurgence of asthma problems, and because of it, I will have to stay out of Lima as much as I can. That's very unfortunate, because I really like it here! I think the pollution is something that really should be dealt with because it is costlier not to, but I could be extra biased because it affects me in particular.

I am going to spend all of this week getting ready to go out to San Pedro de Casta and then next week my project will officially begin!

No comments: